Student User Privacy Notice
At Stint, we value your data and hold it in the highest regard. This Privacy Notice outlines what types of data we collect from you, how we use it, who we share it with, and how long we keep it for. If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or any other matter relating to how Stint uses your personal data, feel free to email our data protection officer at email@example.com. We have appointed a data protection officer, who can be contacted at this email address as well.
Who we are
Stint Ltd, a company registered in England under number 11022621, with its registered office at The Retreat, 406 Roding Lane South, Woodford Green, Essex, England, IG8 8EY, is the “data controller”. This means that Stint Ltd is responsible for deciding how it holds and uses personal information relating to users of the Stint Student App (“Student User” or “you”). “Personal data”, or “personal information” means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
For definitions used in this privacy notice, see the Stint Student App Terms and Conditions.
Personal data Stint collects on Student Users
- Information you provide. This may include:
- User profile: for a Student to create an account on Stint we require they input details about themselves. This includes your name, university, university email address, university degree, mobile phone number, year of graduation, date of birth, work experience (if any), details of work experience, profile picture, payment information (including bank account details and national insurance number), student loan information and password. This information is used to create your Stint profile and allow you to sign up for Stints.
- Emergency information: emergency contact name and emergency contact phone number is processed in the unlikely event a Student is involved in an emergency while on a stint.
- Right to work information: by law we need to verify your right to work in the UK, we therefore require that you provide us a copy of your passport (if British of EEA) or BRP card.
- Stint preferences: this includes information you provide on your future availability to do Stints including the dates and times of day you want to do stints, and areas you aren’t willing or able to work in as a Stinter (e.g. not working with alcohol or in heavy lifting).
- User content: this includes your answer to questions we may ask you, such as ‘How did you hear about Stint?’
- Information created when using our services. This may include:
- Marketing data: we may use our correspondence with individuals to generate information on how you respond to email, phone, messaging, social media, text and post campaigns.
- Communication data: we communicate with Student Users on the phone, by email and on WhatsApp. We may keep a record of this correspondence.
- Location information: depending on your device permissions Stint may collect your precise or approximate location. We collect this information when the Stint App is running in the foreground or background of your device. You can still use the Stint App without enabling location tracking but this may hinder our ability to match you to stints that are within a reasonable distance to your location or to verify that you are on a way to a Stint you signed up for, in which case the Stint may be reassigned.
- Device information: we may collect data on the device you use to access the Stint App such as your battery level and device motion information.
- Information provided by other sources. This may include:
- Verification meeting feedback: this includes a comments on your work experience and on factors including your politeness, presentability and English-speaking ability.
- Business User feedback on your Stint performance: this includes an overall rating out of 5; category ratings out of 5 on your personality, attitude, presentablity, English-speaking ability, uniform and lateness; bad ratings tags on lateness, uniform, skills and attitude, and comments made by Businesses on your performance.
- More sensitive data:
- Health problems: we ask you to provide us with information on any health issues that may hinder your ability to do certain stints so we can assign you to stints suited to you. For example, allergies, physical injuries or disabilities.
How Stint uses your personal data
Stint uses the personal data of Student Users for purposes including:
- To provide and improve the services and features we offer Student Users. This includes:
- Creating and updating your Student User account.
- Verifying your identity and ensuring you are a university student or within one year of graduation, and therefore qualify to be a Student User.
- Verify your eligibility to work in the UK.
- Match Students to Stints appropriately and efficiently.
- Be able to pay you for a completed Stint.
- Using Business User ratings of Students to encourage improvement in your performance, and as grounds for deactivating Student Users with ratings below a certain minimum where Stint’s reputation in the eyes of Business Users is in jeopardy.
- Student User support
Stint uses the information we collect (including recording of customer support calls after notice to you and with your consent) to assist you when you contact our customer support services, including to:
- Direct your questions to the appropriate customer support person,
- Investigate and address you concerns,
- Monitor and improve our customer support responses.
- Safety and security. This may include:
- Tracking your location before a stint to ensure you are not lost or require assistance with travel.
- Processing your name and profile picture so the Business whose stint you are attending knows the identity of the Student prior to your arrival.
- Communications from Stint. This may include:
- Stint may use the information we collect to communicate with you about products, services, promotions, studies, surveys, news, updates, and events.
- Stint may also use the information to promote and serve you relevant ads and content about our services and those of our business partners. You may receive some of these communications based on you profile as a Student User. You may unsubscribe form these communications at any time.
- Hearings, termination and disputes
- Gathering evidence for possible grievance or disciplinary hearings in relation to Student Users.
- Making decision about you continued use of the Stint Student App; termination of your use of the App accordance with the Stint Student Terms.
- Dealing with legal disputes, claims or other legal or administrative or regulatory actions or investigations involving students, or other employees, workers and contractors of Stint, or any Student User (including in relation to health and safety or compliance with any other laws).
Grounds for our processing your data
Stint processes your information based on one or more of the following legal bases:
Our primary objective is to match Student Users to Businesses for Stints. Therefore, we need to process:
- User profile information necessary to establish and maintain your account, including to verify your identity; enable communications with you about your Stints; enable you to receive earnings; and better ensure stints match your personal experience/abilities.
- Student location information, which is necessary to match Student Users to Stints, ensure Student Users promptly arrive at their assigned Stints, and to help with travel and ensure punctuality for Business Users.
- Information about your availability, which is necessary to match Students to stints.
- Payment information, which is necessary to ensure you are compensated for your Stints.
- Legitimate interests
In some cases stint may use the personal information of Student Users to pursue our legitimate business interest, provided Students’ interests and fundamental rights do not override those interest. These cases include:
- To provide customer support
- To optimize our service. This includes our rating system which helps us identify the highest rated Students on the App, maintaining a minimum quality of Student Users on the App by removing those who consistently fail to meet the requirements and expectations of Business Users; enhancing the pricing and matching of Student Users with Business Users.
- For research and analytical purposes. This includes, for examples, analysing usage trends to improve the user experience and enhance the safety and security of our services.
- For direct marketing purposes. This includes, for example, analysing data to identify trends and tailor marketing messages to user needs.
- Other information to enforce and comply with our Student User Terms.
- Your comments on Business Users: when you have worked with a Business for a Stint it is optional for Student Users to comment on your experience.
- Vital interests
Your health information and emergency contact information is processed by Stint in order to protect your vital interests, in case something happens which puts you in serious physical danger.
- Legal obligation
We are required by law to ensure Student Users have the right to work in the UK. We also need to process copies of passports or BRP cards for this purpose and to show our compliance in the event of any regulatory investigation.
Stint will only share this information with government authorities if they make a valid legal request for the information.
We also rely on consent for the following processing:
- Any information used for marketing purposes is processed either relying on consent or legitimate interest (if it is related to a services you have purchased form us in the past – see above). You may unsubscribe form these communications at any time.
Sharing your data
Stint may share the data we collect:
- With Business Users of Stint
Businesses need to know – for security and operational reasons – who is coming to their Stint. We therefore share a limited version of your profile with Business Users when you are matched to their Stint posting. This limited profile includes your name, profile picture, university and overall rating.
- With third party services providers
Stint will share personal information with third parties where required by law, where it is necessary to administer the contract between us and you or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so.
We share personal data with third parties as follows:
- With our payroll service providers, including Virtual Business Source (PayPlus at https://payplus.co.uk) ;
- With our database service providers, including Firebase (https://firebase.com) and Salesforce (https://salesforce.com);
- With our instant messaging and customer service messaging providers, including WhatsApp (https://www.whatsapp.com) and Zendesk (https://zendesk.co.uk/);
- With our web hosting providers, including AWS (https://aws.amazon.com) and Google Cloud;
- With our email and file sharing applications and providers, including Gsuite, Sendgrid;
- With out HR management software providers, including Bamboo HR (https://bamboohr.com);
- With out calendar and booking providers, including Calendly (https://calendly.com) – we also use Zapier (https://zapier.com) to share data stored in Calendly with Google Sheets;
- With other suppliers. We may, for example, engage a supplier to carry out administrative and operational work in support of our relationship with Students and Students Users. The supplier(s) will be subject to contractual and other legal obligations to preserve the confidentiality of data and to respect privacy, and will only have access to the data they need to perform their functions; the relevant suppliers are typically IT suppliers (who provide, host or support our IT systems, including information about Student Users) and back office finance and accounting management providers (who might need to handle details of Student Users in order to process accounts payable and receivable) or our solicitors in order to obtain legal advice.
- With other third parties outside of the EU
Stint may transfer he personal information we collect about Student Users outside the EU. Where Stint does so it will ensure that it complies with the rules for international transfers under the GDPR (for example, the country is on the EU’s list of adequate countries or there are EU Model Clauses in place).
- With other entities in our group of companies
Stint will share personal information with other entities in our group as part of our regular business operations and reporting activities on company performance, in the context of a business reorganisation, sale of all or part of our business, or group restructuring exercise, for system maintenance support and hosting data.
All our third-party service providers and other entities in the group are required to take appropriate security measures to protect personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use personal data other than for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Retaining and deleting your data
Stint will only retain personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of personal data, the purposes for which we process personal data and whether Stint can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances, Stint may anonymise personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case Stint may use such information without further notice to you. Once a Student User is no longer a registered user Stint will retain and securely destroy personal information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Automated Decision Making
We use an algorithm to match Student Users with Stints. This algorithm takes into account several parameters, such as the location of the Student User in relation to the Stint, the Student User’s availability to perform the Stint, the Student User’s past working history (if any), the Student User’s skills, the Student User’s ranking in the App, a Student User’s university, a Student User’s degree, a Student User’s willingness/ability to do certain work (e.g. if they are unable to work with alcohol for religious reasons) and other factors. You have the right not to be subject to decisions which are based solely on automated decision making. If you feel you have been treated unfairly you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information Stint holds about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us to continue processing it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to the processing of personal information where Stint is relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we process personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request restriction of processing of personal information. This enables you to ask Stint to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example, if you want Stint to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
Use the form here to make a request and invoke your rights or send an email to email@example.com