Stint's CV Sharing Scheme
It’s been an incredibly hard year for everyone working in hospitality and we want to help you get back on your feet and back serving customers as soon as possible.
If you lost your job as a result of the pandemic, upload your CV and we will share it with our business partners via an online database.
Tips for Improving Your CV
- Use action words when describing your experience such as achieved, awarded, organised, led, assisted, managed, increased, developed, built, or won
- Identify the skills that will be important for the kind of role you’re after. Front of house staff need to have great customer service and communication skills, while back of house staff need to be good at cooking, cleaning, and organising. Teamwork, a good attitude and a strong work ethic are always important!
- Highlight those skills in your CV and provide evidence, for example “Voted employee of the month for my strong service skills 3 times”, “Captained my netball team for four seasons in the local league”
- Use positive words to describe yourself and your achievements such as accurate, willing to learn, organised, hardworking, dependable, motivated or creative.
- Let your personality shine through! Are you passionate about latte art, international cuisines, or cocktail making? Share that. Employers are hiring a person not a robot
- Keep it short – 1-2 pages is plenty
- Consider using design software like Canva to make it look professional and help it stand out from the crowd
- Ask for help! Have a friend or family member read it over. They can help you check for spelling mistakes or typos, and they can tell you what impression they get of you from your CV
Upload your CV here
We are connected with hundreds of hospitality businesses around the country. If you lost your job as a result of the pandemic, upload your CV and we will share it with our business partners via an online database.